Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Northanger Alibi

Northanger Alibi (The Jane Austen Diaries)Northanger Alibi by Jenni James

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading Jenni James' Pride and Popularity, I was excited to read Northanger Alibi. I came to realize that a big reason why I enjoyed the first book in The Jane Austen Diaries series is that I had read it right after a somewhat disappointing YA, and it was a cute story that was CLEAN, so it was especially refreshing.

Northanger Alibi's main character is 16, and she is . . . silly. She has barely started dating, and guys are falling at her feet. She has an unhealthy obsession with Twilight, and assumes that Tony is a vampire and Jaden is a werewolf.

Claire's personality and the rushed relationships were a bit hard to take, but the story would probably be enjoyed by the younger crowd it is no doubt intended for.

No comments:

Post a Comment