Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Daisy

Daisy (The Newport Ladies Book Club)Daisy by Josi S. Kilpack

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Two of The Newport Ladies Book Club series follows Daisy, a forty-something mother of two who is counting down the days until her youngest graduates from high school. She can't wait for this new "freedom", but encounters several HUGE bumps in the road. Part of coping with the changes in her life is done by joining a book club and making some new friends.

Since each book in the series is the same story, but told from a different point of view, you have a general idea of what is going on with everyone. It is definitely interesting getting more details, and very tempting to pull out the first book to compare dialogue, etc.

One thing that really stood out to me was how the books being read for book club really mirrored Daisy's life (in tone, not specifics). It made me think about how we have to find and make happiness in our lives.

Motherhood has been on my mind quite a bit lately, what with my baby entering school this fall, so Daisy hit home in many ways. Although I'm very thankful that my life is nowhere near the depressing situation presented in this novel, it was a good read that made me want to reprioritize some things to make my relationships with my children more positive.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

1 comment: