Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Cabinet of Wonders

The Cabinet of WondersThe Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

My daughter and I are going to a mother-daughter book club, and The Cabinet of Wonders is the selection for April. My daughter read it while I was plugging through the Whitney Finalists, and last week I finally had time to read it.

It was a pretty cute story (well, cute might not be the right word as there are parts about a wicked prince who does unspeakable things to his subjects to get what he wants). A young girl decides to leave home and find a job in the castle so she can find her father's eyes and try to stop the prince from an evil plan.

While I'll admit that I wasn't totally excited about the book (I'm a little tired of reading things out of obligation-even though it's self imposed), I did think the overall story was good. And I am very excited to go to the book club with my daughter. Good bonding time!

No comments:

Post a Comment