Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Shifting

ShiftingShifting by Bethany Wiggins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading that a GoodReads friend LOVED this book, I have been anxious to get my hands on a copy. Unfortunately, none of the libraries I have access to carry it. I love owning books, but typically only buy them when I find a great deal. However, when I got a gift card to B&N, I couldn't resist buying Shifting.

Maggie Mae has been in the foster care system since she was five-years-old, transferred from home to home (some good, some very bad). The frequency of the transfers increased once she turned 16 and started being picked up by police for indecent exposure. She's not that kind of girl, but no one would believe the truth.

Maggie is almost 18, and she is very ready for her final foster home, and graduation from high school. If only she can stay out of trouble.

Full of mystery based on Navajo legend, this is a very entertaining read packed with emotion and romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment