Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pride and Popularity

Pride and PopularityPride and Popularity by Jenni James

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This modern day remake of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is excellent! The high school situations were believable and entertaining. The characters were great, and of course the story was wonderful (it's hard to go wrong with an Austen remake).

It was fun placing each character with the original story. Some were obvious (like those who represented Elizabeth Bennett and her family), but it took me a little while to realize who represent Wickham. He had me fooled for awhile. What a scroundrel!

Sort of knowing what was going to happen, but wondering how it would come about was fun.

I would definitely recommend this to the all of the young women I work with. It had a great romance and realistic situations without crossing any lines. Thank you Jenni James for a good, clean book!

No comments:

Post a Comment