Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

At Season's End

At Season's EndAt Season's End by Eric Hendershot

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Author Eric Hendershot tells a story about a family of migrants during the Great Depression. They travel back and forth across the United States working whatever jobs they can to survive.

The book description tells that Sal and her brother end up having to take care of themselves after "tragedy strikes". I expected the focus of the story to be on how the young teens survived, but the tragedy didn't occur until very late in the story.

I really wanted to like At Season's End, but it didn't draw me in. I did find the migrant lifestyle during the Depression very interesting, but the overall story was just ok.

I read an advanced reader's copy via NetGalley.com. At Season's End is scheduled for publication May 8, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment