Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Silence

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My very thoughtful librarian put this book on hold for me thinking I'd asked when they were going to get a copy of Silence. I wasn't actually the person who asked for it, but I figured I'd give it a try even though I hadn't read the other books in the series.

Diving into book three of a series, I was a little worried that I'd be really confused. But, I felt like Silence could almost be a stand alone book (if it weren't for the whole not ending part).

The main character, Nora, wakes up in a cemetery and can't remember anything that has happened for the last five months. This was helpful to me, seeing as I didn't know anything about the past five months either.

Nora struggles to figure out what she can't remember, and it's very apparent that those closest to her aren't telling her everything they know.

Nora's forgotten past involves interaction with fallen angels and Nephilim. I never did figure out if either group is supposed to be good though (they were mostly portrayed as evil).

I was drawn into the story quickly, and for the most part, I enjoyed it. I don't have a burning desire to read the first two books in this series, but if I come across any of them when I don't have something else to read, I'll probably give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment