Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Crossed

CrossedCrossed by Ally Condie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was so excited a few months ago when I heard that Crossed was being released at the beginning of November. I LOVED Matched and was very antsy to get my hands on a copy of the sequel.

Here is the book description found on Amazon:

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


Crossed didn't meet my high expectations, but it's hard to put my finger on what exactly let me down. It must have something to do with what seemed to be lack of progress. Don't get me wrong, some major things happen, but I guess I wanted more. There was also some relationship confusion which made Cassia's strong, determined character seem wishy-washy.

My sister is borrowing the copy I read, and I can't wait to talk to her about what she thought.

1 comment:

  1. Huh, interesting! I'm excited to read the first one, but I have no idea when I'll ever get to it.

    ReplyDelete