Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Time for Dancing

A Time for DancingA Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This was a very sad story about a teenager that is diagnosed with cancer (at stage 4). The point of view alternates every chapter between the teen with cancer (Juliana) and her best friend (Samantha).

Being sick is so hard on Juliana in every aspect of her life (feeling rotten, going through treatments, relationships changing, etc.). Samantha tries her best to continue to be a good friend, but it is very challenging.

This was a hard book to read. The subject matter was very emotional, and reminded me of my loved ones' battles with cancer. But, the "enjoyment" of the book was also hindered by the profanity and innuendos included.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my sister's keeper... I liked the book because of the jumping back and forth between narrators/people, but there was a lot of profanity, and the whole story was just REALLY sad.

    ReplyDelete