Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Review: After a Fashion by Jen Turano

After a Fashion (A Class of Their Own #1)

Book Description:

Miss Harriet Peabody dreams of the day she can open up a shop selling refashioned gowns to independent working women like herself. Unfortunately, when an errand for her millinery shop job goes sadly awry due to a difficult customer, she finds herself out of an income.

Mr. Oliver Addleshaw is on the verge of his biggest business deal yet when he learns his potential partner prefers to deal with men who are settled down and wed. When Oliver witnesses his ex not-quite-fiance cause the hapless Harriet to lose her job, he tries to make it up to her by enlisting her help in making a good impression on his business partner.

Harriet quickly finds her love of fashion can't make her fashionable. She'll never truly fit into Oliver's world, but just as she's ready to call off the fake relationship, fancy dinners, and elegant balls, a threat from her past forces both Oliver and Harriet to discover that love can come in the most surprising packages.


Book Review:

 I was so excited to read this book, and I was not disappointed at all. When I got it in the mail I had a lot of other books that I felt needed to be read first so I kept setting it aside, and one night I thought, "Oh, I'll just read a little bit of it..." That little bit turned out to be the whole book that night. It was cute, and silly, laugh out loud funny, and just a good mind-candy read. Granted, all of her books are very similar: Strong-headed female, clueless gentleman who think they know what's what, (are animals in all her novels or just the last few...I'm trying to think back and can't remember) and great secondary characters but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know what I'm getting when I read this author, and I'm getting a good time. 
Not only would I read this book again and again, I'm super excited for the stories of the rest of the characters in this novel.

After a Fashion (A Class of Their Own #1) 
Title: After a Fashion
Author: Jen Turano
Publisher:
Bethany House Publishers
Published:
March 2015
ISBN:
0764212753
Source:
I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for a review

No comments:

Post a Comment