Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Book Review: Beyond all Dreams by Elizabeth Camden



Beyond All Dreams
Book Description:
 
Anna O'Brien leads a predictable and quiet life as a map librarian at the illustrious Library of Congress until she stumbles across a baffling mystery of a ship disappeared at sea. She is thwarted in her attempts to uncover information, but her determination outweighs her shyness and she turns to a dashing congressman for help.
Luke Callahan was one of the nation's most powerful congressmen until his promising career became shadowed in scandal. Eager to share in a new cause and intrigued by the winsome librarian, he joins forces with Anna to solve the mystery of the lost ship.
Opposites in every way, Anna and Luke are unexpectedly drawn to each other despite the strict rules forbidding Anna from any romantic entanglement with a member of Congress.
From the gilded halls of the Capitol, where powerful men shape the future of the nation, to the scholarly archives of the nation's finest library, Anna and Luke are soon embroiled in secrets much bigger and more perilous than they ever imagined. Is bringing the truth to light worth risking all they've ever dreamed for themselves?


Book Review:

Now this was a book I enjoyed a lot.  I think maybe it was because of the library setting that I loved it so much :) I admit to really enjoying libraries, and this book made me very interested in seeing the Library of Congress. I'll have to make a trip out there sometime.
I liked Anna. I liked her spunk and determination when she came across something that didn't make sense, but her shyness at othertimes. I liked Luke and his struggle to become a better person. The interactions between the two of them were great, especially the first one. My heart went out to Luke's nephew and sister. Anna's friend Neville and Mrs. Norquist his landlady were a great addition. I enjoyed the reasons the major things happened (vague, I know...but I didn't want to have spoilers). I liked the political dance that happened between Luke and Jones.
I would definitely recommend this clean historical romance to anyone who loves this genre.


Beyond All Dreams

Title: Beyond all Dreams
Author: Elizabeth Camden
ISBN:  0764211757
Publisher: Bethany House
Published: December 2014
Source: I received an eCopy from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment