Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Book Review: A Cowboy for Katie: A Four Weddings and a Kiss Novella by Debra Clopton

A Cowboy for Katie: A Four Weddings and a Kiss Novella


Book Description:

It's 1885 and five preachers sit around a campfire out West, trading stories of unlikely couples they've seen God bring together. This is one of those stories . . .

In which Katie, who has chased off half a dozen suitors with her shotgun, hires a rambling ranch hand who's finding Katie may change his wandering ways.

Everyone in town knows Katie Pearl has no interest in getting hitched. She likes living on her own out on her departed Pa's big ranch, turning down suitors left and right with a pistol by her side.

But when she needs a strong hand to help with rebuilding her house, Katie hires wandering cowboy Treb Rayburn, knowing he's just in town to make a quick buck and then he'll be off for parts unknown. But Treb's got a heart big as Texas. Their blossoming friendship may change her loner status and his wandering ways for good
.


Book Review:

I was reading along and looked down at the bottom of my Kindle and was shocked to discover that I was over half done with this Novella. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that Novellas are short :) Really, I do. But some Novella's feel like one, and some feel more fleshed out and...complete. This felt like a Novella.

It left me wanting more. More of what I'm not exactly sure. More conflict from a bad guy maybe? The romance aspect was fine. I was okay with how it moved along, although the decision at the end seemed really sudden to me. Like all of a sudden things were fixed and okay, when they weren't hours before.

It was cute, and I liked the premise of the story, but it probably isn't one I will read again. I am curious enough that if I come across the other Novellas that make up the rest of the series I would read them.

A Cowboy for Katie: A Four Weddings and a Kiss Novella
 
Title: A Cowboy for Katie: A Four Weddings and a Kiss Novella
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishing
Published: September 2014
ISBN: 9780529102010
Source: I received an eCopy from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment