Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Bid for Love

A Bid for LoveA Bid for Love by Rachel Ann Nunes

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I got a heads up the other day that the Kindle version of A Bid for Love was going to be free on Amazon (sorry I didn't share the news . . . it's summer and life is busy). I've read a few of the author's other novels, and knew this would be a safe (clean) read.

Cassi and Jared, art buyers for different galleries, meet at an auction and are bidding on the same odd Buddha. When they discover that the Buddha isn't what it appears to be, they have to run for safety.

I was drawn in to the story right away, but it didn't hold my attention very well as the story went on. This happened with the last book I read too. That makes me think it might not be the stories, but I'm just distracted by life or something.

It was a clean story with romance and suspense. I'm not dying to read the sequel, but might if I happen to come across it (the name of the series, Love Series, isn't calling my name).

No comments:

Post a Comment