Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Grave Secrets

Grave SecretsGrave Secrets by Marlene Austin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All Bethany has ever wanted is the love and approval of her grandmother, the woman who raised her after her parents died. She is distraught when she hears that her grandmother passed away, and confused that her inheritance from the wealthy woman is a run down cottage in a secluded area in Maine.

Bethany finds some joy in fixing up the cottage, and researching the history of the first woman who lived there for a book she wants to write. But, her world turns up-side-down again with increasing "accidents" and threatening messages.

At times the story moved a little slowly for me. I imagined crossing out paragraphs that didn't seem to help move the story along. But, the mystery was intriguing, so I kept reading.

This isn't a book I'd read a second time, but it was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment