Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Cross Gardener

The Cross GardenerThe Cross Gardener by Jason F. Wright

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tearjerker would be an understated way to describe The Cross Gardener. Just when I thought I was finished crying, I'd start all over again. My poor, poofy eyes and stuffy nose.

The Cross Gardener tells the emotional story of John Bevan. The details of his birth and then adoption were given factually. Although the birth story wasn't happy, it was a detail. But, Jason F. Wright painted a picture of John's adolescence and young adulthood that drew me in.

I was heartbroken when John's wife and baby died in a car accident. I mourned along with him and his daughter. I was curious about the cross gardener. I worried about John, and hoped that Lou Lou would start talking again.

A very touching story about love and loss, hope and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment